Thursday, November 11, 2010

Bless and it will come back to you

So I am a firm believer in speaking life in general and blessing your children specifically.  Often our family worship is punctuated with "the blessing."  We lay hands on the kids and bless them and speak into their lives and they respond to each blessing with a rousing "AMEN."  The blessing could say:


You will be blessed all the days of your life!
Wealth, wisdom and prosperity is flowing to you now!
Your feet will stay in the paths of righteousness!
Angels will protect you!
Sickness and disease will be far from you!
Rebellion and disobedience will be far from you!


So tonight, after I blessed the kids, my babies decided to bless me!  I bent down so they could put their hand on my head and they spoke into my life the favor of God, peace and prosperity, protection and joy, health and wealth and victory!  It was amazing!  (My kids are only 6 and 4 years old.)  It made me misty-eyed hearing them proclaim such amazing blessings and promises from the Word of God.  It was so much better than them repeating or singing a toy commercial.  I felt like today I saw the Word bear fruit in my children and it truly excites me.


From the lips of children and infants you have ordained praise because of your enemies, to silence the foe and the avenger. Ps 8:2

No comments:

Post a Comment