Friday, November 5, 2010

Don't Judge Me

Ok, I was in the store and I felt like I was getting looks from people.  At first, I brushed it off but it kept happening…people would look in my cart and then look at me with either disdain or pity or some other negative emotion.  Some would laugh to themselves.  Others shook their heads, if not outwardly, inwardly.  What was in my cart that was so bad?  Condoms? Dirty Magazines?  Enough alcohol to stock a frat house?  Nope, no of these things.  I just had about 12 TV dinners!  People were looking at me like:
     "It's a shame as old as she is she doesn't know how to cook."  
     "That's what's wrong with these mothers today, feeding their kids this mess."
     "That's what's wrong with sistas today, can't even make a basic meal."

Ok, for all you grocery store (and internet people) judging me….STOP!  For the record, I can cook!  I can cook WELL, too.  I have a 20 extra pounds to show for it.  I cannot cook a 4 point dinner though (Weight Watcher points), so I decided I would do portion control and calorie control and fat control and get the little TV dinners.  You will happy to know I just purchased a Weight Watchers 30 minute meal cookbook too. But in the meantime, until I get some time to figure out the 4 point meal, I will continue to fill my cart up with TV dinners.  My face will bear the look that I don't care what you think of me…I AM A GOOD MOTHER AND WIFE, TV dinners and all.  My hips may have a depressed look because they are about to lose the Flab Five.  (But don't worry about my hips losing their friends, they will be comforted by CLOTHES THAT FIT, HEALTH and LONGEVITY.)   And that's all I have to say about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment