Tuesday, November 16, 2010

My Favorite Room




My favorite room is a fluid title that floats from room to room.  Depending on my mood, it could the bathroom, the bedroom, the family room, or depending who's in there, the kitchen.  But my favorite room, by far, hands down, as of late,  is my prayer room.  That is where I find God.  

Now don't get it twisted, God is in my study and bedroom, in the kitchen and the car.  He is everywhere, but there is something special about my prayer room.  He meets me there.  It's not a full room, per se, it just a walk in closet.  That's my garden where He walks with me and talks with me.  And for the most part, I can worship there without waking up the rest of the house (some restrictions apply).

It's a sanctuary for everyone.  I have often seen my kids go in there, "just 'cause I need to pray."  They love to see the new people who constantly appear on the wall and they pray for them.  (They are especially partial to the kids.)  It warms my heart to see them sneak in there and hear their sincere prayers.

The room has a desk, a few books and bible, an oversized pillow, smell-goods, pictures of family and friends, logos of ministries, verses, promises and confessions.  It also has chalk board stickers that can be written on…and erased… (Touch three people and say Thank God that Grace can Erase!)  

It's a work in progress but I thought I would share, because I would love for EVERY home to have a family altar.  If you don't have a room, use a closet.  If you don't have a closet, find a wall.  If you don't have a wall, get a posterboard.  If you don't have that, fine…just get on your knees.

Ask of Me, and I will give You 
The nations for Your inheritance, 
And the ends of the earth for Your possession.  Psalm 2:8

No comments:

Post a Comment