Monday, November 15, 2010

My Fast from the Internet

Ok, I am supposed to be working.  I am supposed to be transcribing however I can't keep off the internet.  I said I was going to fast from the internet (you know…not go on the internet) for one WHOLE hour and I couldn't do it.  I started over and I am doing good now (3 minutes into the fast), but somehow I feel like I am cheating, because I am writing a blog to post as soon as this self-imposed ban is lifted.  

What in the world?!?!?  I am trying to figure out if the internet is so powerful it is pulling me, or is the transcription so powerful it is repelling me.  Either way, it's left me feeling weak here so I am going to conquer it all the transcription and this world wide web of time sapping sites, tweets and blogs.  I am breaking free….

WWHHHOOOOAAAARRRRRRRRR

…hear me roar.  

I felt that one.  I am this is about to be a very liberating 52 mins.  I can feel it.

(…and counting)


POSTSCRIPT:  I did it, I went like an hour and a half (not counting the one time I HAD to break it to google something, but I HAD TOO.  And guess what I learned...I didn't miss a thing.  Not ONE THING.  I'm going to do this fasting thing more often.  I am so much more productive that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment